September 16, 2016
It’s a new school year and we’re excited to launch a new menu of workshops for the community! We encourage ALL groups of people to consider a workshop — from nonprofits, schools and government agencies to parenting groups, employers and faith groups. Our workshops are based on SCAN’s existing child abuse prevention and advocacy programs as well as the expertise of SCAN staff. We can often customize workshops for the specific needs of a group, and most topics are available in English and Spanish, too!
So, how does your group want to be empowered this year?
We want to prevent CHILD SEXUAL ABUSE PREVENTION:
- Darkness to Light, Stewards of Children, 2 hours, $25 per person (minimum 10, maximum 25 people)
- Talking with Children about Safety from Sexual Abuse, 45 minutes, $150
- Healthy Touch for Children & Youth, 45 minutes, $150
- Bystanders Protecting Children from Boundary Violations & Sexual Abuse, 45 minutes, $150
- Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children, 1 hour, $200
- Child Sexual Abuse for Parents, 1 hour, $150
We want to support PARENT EDUCATION:
- Have You Filled a Bucket Today, 1 hour, $200
- How to Connect with Your Child and Build a Resilient Family (Managing Family Stress), 1 hour, $200
- Wait, My Kid Has a Date?, 1 hour, $200
- Positive Discipline: Raising Children with Self Control, 1 hour, $200
- Tech Savvy Parenting/Internet Seguro, 1 hour, $200
- Families Reunite (Immigrant Family Reunification, 4 weeks, 1.5 hours per night), $1500
- Made in America: Padres Hispanos Criando Hijos Americanos (Immigrant parents raising children in the US, 4 weeks, 1.5 hours per night), $1500
We want to engage our community in prevention through PUBLIC EDUCATION:
- What to Do When You Witness Abuse, 1 hour, $200
- Child Care Providers as Mandated Reporters, 1 hour, $200
- Building Children’s Resiliency through Storybooks, 1 hour, $200
- Adverse Childhood Experiences & the Power of Child Abuse Prevention, 1 hour, $200
- Operation Safe Babies, Safe Sleep and Abusive Head Trauma, 1 hour, $200
We want to GET TO KNOW SCAN:
- All About SCAN, @ SCAN
- How YOU Can Help Prevent Child Abuse in Your Community
- SCAN Volunteer Orientation, monthly – click link for more information and upcoming dates
We want to host a BROWN BAG SERIES for our employees:
- Strategies for the Working Parent: Customize a parenting topic to compliment your human resource efforts in your office and offer support to your employees.
Don’t see a topic here you would like? SCAN can customize and deliver a 1-hour workshop for $400. In most cases we can add concurrent children’s programming for an additional fee. (Download the full SCAN Workshop Menu here.)
How can we support your organization in its work this year to build stronger families, support parents and protect children? Contact us and let’s get something on the calendar!