September 4, 2018
With kids heading back to school this season, families might be feeling overwhelmed by changing schedules, new demands and navigating complicated school systems. Here are five of our favorite school-related topics on SCAN’s Parent Resource Center that can help parents manage the challenges of the school year and stay connected to their kids through it all:
- It’s important for parents to communicate with teachers. They know their children better than anyone else, and can be great team players with school staff! Learn more about Advocating for Your Child in School.
- Establishing simple routines for your mornings and evenings can make the transition to school easier. Learn more about The Importance of Routines.
- For students today, stress is a reality. Parents need to know how to recognize its symptoms and help their children manage it in healthy ways. Learn more about Stress Management for Children and Adults.
- Another reality in schools today? Bullying. Parents can learn about forms of bullying, signs of bullying, and how to address it with both children and school staff. Learn more about Bullying.
- When report card time rolls around, this is a great resource to keep things in perspective for you and your child. Learn more about Report Cards: A Healthy Response.
Remember, our free Parent Resource Center app is a great way to easily share resources with parents! Get it on the Apple Store and Google Play today!